Monday, November 9, 2015

Firsts

I had a first with my daughter tonight, we sat down and prayed together. Well maybe not a first but the first time since she has gotten older.

We prayed together because her brother and sister have a pretty heavy day tomorrow, they go to pick out their Father's headstone. We have been divorced for many years, and I know it isn't my job to go but a little part of me just wants to be there for them to just be there. Hard to let your kids do this type of thing by themselves. I fight my own head  over how much to help them, and tread between offering and trying to let them come to me if they need help. So today, my youngest and I prayed for them.

We also prayed for my husband, who is pretty awesome, and deserves a break. My wish was for him to be happy in a new job.

We also talked about that we can pray to find a way, but never things for yourself. My belief is prayers for others get double duty attention or something I guess. In my head they do!

I also believe that everyone deserves to have their own beliefs.

Live ~ Laugh ~ Love

No comments:

Post a Comment